Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Volleyball is the US......

If I have said once I will say it again. I do not like how the US doesn't respect the sport of volleyball outside of college. Only time it is big is when the Olympics come around. To me that isn't fair. I always find my self thinking about it. Why can't we get any love for a sport the US founded? I did so research and found a link that shows how it originated and how the Philippines added the "hit/spike" technique.

Link:" http://volleyball.about.com/od/volleyball101/a/History.htm"

It makes me sad because they are some GREAT players out there that don't get acknowledged. Volleyball is a difficult and it takes a lot of skill to master it. I don't want to get into too much detail but I have spoken to a friend about it and she agrees with me it truly is a shame. Only sports in the USA that get love is NFL, MLB, NBA. Not even the WNBA get a lot of love.

Don't let me bring up the pay. lol that will be a long blog if I get into it. Just want you all to realize how hard it is to be loyal to a sport that you can't play in your own country professionally. It isn't easy playing overseas  away from family and friends. At times it gets lonely, but we remain strong.

It truly is amazing to travel the world. Don't get me wrong it's great but at the same time there are thoughts in my head that wonder how it would be to play in the states for a reasonable amount of money.