Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back To Work....

Well it was great spending time with the family in North Carolina for Christmas but now it is time to get back to work. I wish I would have had more time since I haven't seen that side of the family in two years but with this lifestyle you take what you can get.

Looking forward to getting back to Brazil to play. My boyfriend, Steve, will be coming with me up until February. He truly helps me since I will be away from home. My goal in Brazil is to win the Super League, extend my modeling career, and get my clothing line off the ground. Modeling has been a dream of mine ever since I started sketching clothes in the 4th grade. I figured if I can sketch it might as well make them and wear them. Clothing line I have out at the moment is athletic apparel called "D-Hook" with Rox Volleyball Inc but I am going to branch off and create my own casual up scale line. Should be fun. Plan on launching it after the Olympic games next summer. 




Modeling is completely different then designing clothes. You have to be comfortable with your body as well as those around you. At first I was really nervous but I worked with people I trusted so it made it a little easier. Every time I look at my portfolio I am in awe with how much I have grown. I am looking forward to doing run way one day. That is the ultimate goal. 





                                                  
                                                                                                          My First Shoot Ever


                                                                                                           My Shoot in Italy





                                                                                                          Birthday Shoot 2011



                                                                                                            DIG Magazine






                                                                                                        Multiple Couple Shoots

All these photos were fun but you can tell which ones I was comfortable in. I pray God allows me to continue my modeling career and allows me to get my clothing line going strong. Modeling of course is my life outside of volleyball. Volleyball takes up most of my time but at the same time I am not complaining because I have learned so much and I am able to excel faster. 

It's really sad how many people doubt me as an athlete and as a person but it's only because they don't know anything about me. I can remember being told that the only reason I was on varsity was because I was tall. Even worse when you finish high school you will be working like the rest of us you will never be nothing. All the negative have come my way. I take it as a positive as well as motivation. No matter how much I succeed there will always be that handful that will try to bring me down. God has truly blessed me and I can not wait to give back to my community as well as all those little girls who are going through struggles. That time is coming I can feel it. God Bless Everyone.