Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chirstmas Eve....



Hello everyone! I am here in Saxapahaw, North Carolina spending Christmas with my family. I love this time of year. So much love is in the air.  Every Christmas Eve like I mentioned before is filled with God, food, presents, family, and games. This was a little different. I was added to the adult game lol. Last time they played "Dirty Santa" I was watching. Felt great to finally play.

There was so many gifts this year lol. Not that I'm complaining. Compared to only having 12 adults play there was 20. So I decided to take a picture of them up close and personal. :)


I had to choose three gifts total because my aunt and uncle took my first and second choice. :( It made it more interesting though lol. I ended up getting a North Carolina hoodie. My whole family was like "she doesn't even like North Carolina." Thats because I went to Texas but I figured I could give it to someone else as a gift. ha ha My aunt on the other hand got a TEXAS snuggie. She put it on proudly. I managed to take a picture of it.  Isn't she cute?


Only thing I love more then playing volleyball is my Aunt Adrian's red velvet cake. Every time I see her I have to ask if she is going to make it. Without it a meal would be incomplete. One day I am going to ask her for her recipe. That is definitely something that needs to be passed on.  Before the dinner we took our family photos. Which is another "routine" we do every Christmas Eve.  Our family sure has grown beautifully and thats a blessing in itself.  




All the ladies in our family can cook. The men usually lounge around and watch the game. My Uncle Kevin either prepares snow crab legs or oysters. The oysters I can do with out lol. This year, sadly, he prepared oysters. My father and Uncle Carnell helped him.  Have to admit I enjoy watching the process. It's quite entertaining. I honestly didn't know the whole process behind it. It was more entertaining watching my Uncle Carnell's reaction after eating an oyster for the first time. It was priceless.




What started this whole day off right was seeing my uncle and aunts wearing "Got Hooker?" T-shirts. Put a smile on my face. Nothing like support from your family.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....... FROM THE HOOKER FAMILY! GOD BLESS!